Crucial’s 32 GB UDIMMs and SODIMMs Available: DDR4-2666 & DDR4-3200by Anton Shilov on January 29, 2020 4:00 PM EST
In the summer of 2019, Crucial was among the first brands to demonstrate 32 GB unbuffered memory modules, which were based on Micron’s 16 Gb DDR4 chips. Now after a bit of a wait, those 32 GB UDIMMs as well as 32 GB SO-DIMMs have finally hit the retail market.
Crucial’s 32 GB unbuffered DIMMs and SO-DIMMs are rated for DDR4-2666 with CL19 at 1.2 V and DDR4-3200 with CL22 at 1.2 V operation. The modules are not equipped with any heat spreader and since they operate in JEDEC-standard modes, they are compatible with a wide variety of PCs that can support 32 GB UDIMMs in general.
At present, Crucial’s 32 GB UDIMMs and SO-DIMMs are available as 64 GB dual-channel memory kits priced at around $330 at the company’s website. Interestingly, the faster DDR4-3200 kits are only $2 more expensive than the slower DDR4-2666 kits. Meanwhile, Amazon.com expects Crucial’s 64 GB dual-channel DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM kit to arrive on February 3, 2020.
It is unclear why Crucial did not start selling its 32 GB UDIMMs and SO-DIMMs to general public earlier, as there are a number of brands that have been offering competing 32 GB UDIMMs using the same Micron chips for months now. In any case, Crucial’s 32 GB DIMMs are finally available.
- 32 GB Unbuffered DIMMs Listed from Nine Brands: DDR4-2400 to DDR4-4000
- Crucial 32 GB DDR4 Modules Found in an ASRock System
- CES 2020: Kingston’s HyperX Adds 32 GB UDIMMs & New Fury Speed Bins to Lineup
- Team Group Quietly Launches 32 GB DDR4 Memory Modules
- G.Skill Launches 32 GB DDR4 Modules, 256 GB Kits: Up to DDR4-4000
- Corsair Unveils 32 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 DIMMs, 64 GB & 128 GB Dual-Channel Kits
- Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 Non-ECC Memory at Retail: $168
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
smilingcrow - Thursday, January 30, 2020 - linkMy 13 inch Dell has 2 slots.
Xyler94 - Thursday, January 30, 2020 - linkWonder if these would be compatible with the Xeon E3 1245-V5 I have installed in my server PC. it can handle a max of 64gb of RAM, and I've currently have 32. I've been in need for more RAM for a while now...